Guide to Commenting on Bills
Guide to commenting on bills.
- Be brief and clear, write to the point.
- The most persuasive writing is in your own words.
- BFC's talking points can be used in your comments.
- For guidance on addressing/commenting to legislators, review BFC’s comments.
- Send your comments by 12 noon one day before scheduled committee hearings or floor votes. Give legislators time to consider your comments.
Are you ready to submit your comments?
- Montana’s web form permits comments from anyone in the United States.
- You can send your comments to a Committee or Legislator.
- Complete the required data fields (*asterisk*).
- Select Send Message to a Legislator or a Committee.
- Select the Bill Type (HB-House Bill or SB-Senate Bill) and enter the Number.
- Select For or Against.
- Enter your comments in the Message (limit of 1250 characters).
- Check for accuracy.
- Click on Send Message
You did it! Thank you for taking action in support of protecting wild buffalo in Montana!